Monday, March 15, 2010

Using Nature As Your Guide

Images in Nature

Yesterday, during a lovely hike to the Spring Creek that flows on our land, I discovered myself being distracted by texture and color over and over again. The purplellicious prickly pear juxtapositioned across the path from the lime green prickly pear with even bigger spines! This is amazing, I mentioned to my hiking companion, how even in nature things are put where we will notice their beauty and sense. Being as though purple and green are opposite each other on the color wheel, therefore complementary colors in nature. Take that one step further and look for your color triad, which would include a salmony brick color, or the terracotta of the very ground they grew in!
Amazing lesson I thought I would pass on. Keep your eyes open, especially as spring bursts upon our  scene.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip, Laura ur blog looks good!

    ReplyDelete